Dormition of the Most Holy Theotokos
The icon – “Dormition of the Most Holy Theotokos “ is designed and embroidered according to fresco in the main temple of the Monastery of Dionysiou.
The Holy Monastery of Dionysiou was built in 1366 by Saint Dionysios upon an enormous rock on the southwestern side of the Athonite peninsula, and is dedicated to Saint John the Baptist.
The exquisite frescos that adorn the Katholikon (the main temple), among which is the very fresco of the Dormition of the Most Holy Theotokos were painted by Tzortzis between 1546 and 1547.
Dimensions: 15 x 10 cm
Color: black,variation of gold
Material: satin, Gunold Sulky 100% viscose thread